The Barony of the Flaming Gryphon is the west-central Ohio branch of the Society for Creative Anachronism, Incorporated (SCA). Founded in 1979, the Barony is held in fief from the Crown of the Middle Kingdom by Their Excellencies Master Dafydd Blaidd and Baroness Meriel Fitzwilliam. The Barony serves several modern counties in Ohio, and is composed of six branches of the SCA. Our newsletter is The Gryphon's Tale, and The Gryphon Pages is the Baronial directory.
"No, no! The adventures first," said the Gryphon in an impatient tone: "explanations take such a dreadful time."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
Whether you are brand new to the SCA or a long-time member just moving into the area, we're glad you came!
You may wish to join our Baronial mailing list, the Ermine Spot, to keep up with news about events, meetings and workshops. See the mailing lists page to find out how to subscribe.
To the people of the Great Barony of Flaming Gryphon, your Seneschal sends greetings!
The window for submitting Letters of Intent to be considered to wear the coronets of Flaming Gryphon has now closed. We have received Letters from four worthy couples. They are:
* The Honorable Lady Aminah al yazici bint Ismail & Lady Isibel inghean ui Bheollain
* The Honorable Lord Edward Foxley & The Honorable Lady Allegra Ginevra Soave da Napoli
* The Honorable Lord Timothy the Just & Lady Elizabeta Alegreza Foscari
* Baron William of Fairhaven & Mistress Isolde de la Ramee
Letter to the Populace of Flaming Gryphon Regarding the Upcoming Baronial Transition
from your Baronial Seneschal
Greetings from Master Phillip to the populace of the Great Barony of Flaming Gryphon!